When life throws a curveball ...

In a quick turn of events, things for me personally have changed as I have accepted a job in Richmond. Kind of weird that I'm training for the biggest race of my life and I'll be moving to the host city in a few weeks. I won't have so far to drive now. I'll be blogging about this more on my myspace site once my self-imposed myspace ban ends in a few days.

My point on here is to address maintaining a training schedule once I start moving. My goal, obviously, is to stay on track, but I know it may be a bit hard. Moving furniture will provide some good cross-training days, but my biggest concern is putting aside time for my long runs and not having long breaks of not running mixed in. I will miss having my weekly morning group, but I am sure that I will find plenty of support in a considerably larger city. I'll start looking this weekend for help in that aspect. At the same time I have worries about my training, I'm excited to have somewhere different to run. It'll be a great way to get to know the city better.

Lastly, I will be changing my URL at some point soon, so I'm not locked into the city I'm living in now. I thought of that when I first started blogging and wish I would've chosen something different. I'll let you know when that happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job. What will you be doing? Love hearing about your latest running stories so keep up the blog!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a new job. Many years ago I relocated, switched jobs all at the same time I was training for a marathon. It can be tough to juggle all of it. Best wishes on both!

Emily said...

Congrats on the job...can't wait to hear more! Good luck to both of you on the move.