Week 1

Here's a look at how Week 1 of my official training for the Richmond Marathon went. First part is my goal from last week's post, then the line with what I actually did:
Monday, 7/16: 3-4 miles
actual: 0.8 + weights (Click here for the post on being flexible with goals.)

Tuesday, 7/17: short run (less than a mile) + weights with upper body
actual: 3.3

Wednesday, 7/18: Group run (mileage likely about 6 miles)
actual: track workout, 5.3 total

Thursday, 7/19: 7-8 miles
actual: 7.3

Friday, 7/20: Rest
actual: rest

Saturday, 7/21: 5 miler
actual: 5 miler in 36:59, 6 miles total. Plus pulling carpet later in the day

Sunday, 7/22: 2-3 miles, hike or rest
actual: Pretty much rest, but I did do some cleaning up in my basement, along with moving some furniture around. I was pretty beat today after yesterday's race and carpet stuff.

Total: 22.7
I fell just short of my overall goal (23-26 miles), but I'd have to say that this was a good week overall. My workouts were solid and I felt great all week.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Congrats on staying close to your goal. You know what I have the toughest part with? It's the strength training. I will find any excuse under the sun not to lift. Don't get me wrong, I've liked the results, but man I hate it.

David H. said...

Agreed. I only lift once a week, which is better than nothing I guess. I just can't get into, and would like to add a second day eventually.