No. 1 rule: Be flexible

I read a good blog yesterday about setting goals and taking a look at them often. (Click here for that posting.) It sort of fits with what I said the other day about being flexible in my training schedule. Well, this week alone, I've already flipped what I had planned for Monday and Tuesday. After a weekend of being on my feet quite a bit, I simply didn't feel like running much yesterday. So after a short walk and jog with my wife and dog, I ran back to my house for a little less than a mile total and lifted weights. That led a much better quality run today just over 3 miles and makes me feel much better about getting up at 5:45 a.m. tomorrow for my group run (which is not flexible).

With that being said, I'm adding a label below called "lessons learned." I hope this is the first of many on my journey to the marathon.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Wow...those pictures really show how much weight you've lost...congrats man...how much have you lost total?

I've lost about 60.

David H. said...

It was initially 40 pounds. I've since gained a little back, then lost some, gained some, lost some. Now I'm ready to lose about 15 more. I'll blog about weight sooner or later.

Anonymous said...

I jsut wanted to tell you that you are on the right track. You're making good progress and doing what is so difficult to do for most people... staying focused and getting workouts in while dealing with the stress of life, moving, changing schedules etc. Keep up the good work. You've made nice progress over the past couple years. I can't wait to see how you do in the marathon.
Coach Dean