A pain in the ass ... literally

Well, let me get right to the point. This morning when I started down my steps, my left foot slipped from underneath me and I fell right on my butt and then slid down a few more steps.

So you can only imagine what that actually feels like. If you've never hurt your tail bone, you're missing out on one of the most annoying injuries ever. This is the second time in my life in which I've somehow injured that part of my body. Sitting here typing this is hell, but walking around is fine.

A couple of hours after the incident, I took my dog on a walk and things felt OK. I ran a few feet to see how it felt and it was ... I don't know ... OK. Not terribly painful, but annoying. I managed to mow my yard without any issues. I'm still trying to figure out if I'll do my long run tomorrow or just run a few miles or just take a day off. Needless to say, but in sporting terms, I'm listed as "day to day."

In just the half day since this happened, I already know that bike riding is going to be impossible for at least this coming week, as will be weight lifting on the home gym. Normal set ups will also be nonexistent for a while. Fortunately I have free weights that I can use, and there is no reason I can't do the plank.

For today, though, I just have to deal with it. I have found some interesting Web sites out there devoted to the coccyx. Who knew?

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Ouch! Hope it gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Yes I have damaged that area once, about 20 years ago, and I wouldn't want to do so again. Makes life awkwardly painful.

Best wishes with your recovery.

Anonymous said...

It is definitely not an injury that gets better quick. Sorry.
Mom