Give me a 5!

Today's 5-mile run marks an interesting milestone in my training this summer -- it's the first time since March 1 and 2 that I have ran 5 miles or more two days in a row while training. Just like hitting 20 miles for the week last week, it's another hurdle I've passed since coming off my injuries earlier this year. The next big milestone will be hitting 10 miles in my long run. After that it's just going to be fine tuning before the Rock 'n' Roll Half and, hopefully, losing a few more pounds.

Speaking of 5-mile runs, I have an entry form in the mail for next week's Percival's Island 5 Miler in Lynchburg. I love this race -- it's nice and flat and it's the site of my second-fastest paced race ever. Last year's time was 36:59, which was 4-plus minutes faster than the year before. Since this is my first race in more than three months, I'm not really sure what my goal is right now. This is a good distance to test myself in a race, so I'll just have to wait and see how I feel that morning with how much effort will be put into it. It's a perfect test for my upcoming half -- it'll be six weeks to go, so it'll put things into perspective with what I need to work on.


Workout since last post
July 11 -- Walk - 0.7; Run - 5

0 comments: