Bruised and battered, but I'm still going

There are bruises and then there are things that appear when you've fallen on your ass and tumbled down the stairs. What has appeared in the spot where I fell last week is something nobody wants to see.

As far as my actual pain is concerned, it's the same story it's been all week -- it's a little bit better today than yesterday, but it still bothers me. I'm able to run better though. Last night I was feeling pretty good around dark, so I went out and got in 2.3 miles. This morning I got up and did 2.7 miles, so in the past 12 hours I've gotten in 5. Tomorrow I'm shooting for at least 5 -- I'll do more depending on how I feel. I've walked more than 12 miles this week so far -- the highest total in a week this year. With a little bit here and a little bit there, this week hasn't been a total loss, but the timing still sucks. I am waiting until next week to do weight lifting again. My shoulder feels fine, but I don't want to take any chances.

As for now, my time in the computer chair is over. It's time to find a more comfortable spot...

3 comments:

Jason said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Did you ever go see a Dr.? One of things I constantly worry about now is avoiding any kind of injury that'll interfere with my training. I won't even play some sports because I'm scared I'll hurt myself.

David H. said...

No, no doctor visit. The doc would just tell me to take it easy, don't run, etc. If there's a cracked bone, there's nothing that can be done. The fact that it's gotten a little better every day in a week has prevented any thoughts of the doctor.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad to hear it's improving.