A $1,000 story I forgot to share

A few months ago, in the last race that I ran, I raised money for the VCU Massey Cancer Center. (Click here to read the race report.) At the time of the race, I had raised $700 for the center. It was shy of my $1,000 goal, but in all honesty it was more than I thought I would do considering it was my first fundraiser.

Well, I never gave an update, but within a month after the race, a few hundred dollars came my way and I ended up hitting my goal of $1,000. A post today over at the Runners' Lounge reminded me of how great it felt to run for a reason other than my personal health or seeking a PR. Running for a cause is much more important than any of those things and I am looking forward do doing another fundraiser down the road. Thank you to everyone who contributed to my cause!

Meanwhile, this week has turned into painting week at my house. My wife and I have decided to paint one of our bathrooms and our bedroom and we were tired of looking at paint samples on our wall. Plus if things don't happen soon job-wise we can't really try to sell a house with paint blocks on the wall. Anyway, yesterday was spent doing the ceilings. Later today will be getting one coat in the bedroom, which is fairly large, and we should get everything else wrapped up Wednesday. So, needless to say, I'm avoiding weight lifting this week, as well as anything else that might make me sore. I think a few days of painting is some pretty good cross training.


Workouts since last post
July 7: Walk - 1.3; Bike - 4.1
July 8: Walk - 1.1; Run - 3.5

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Congrats on the fund raiser. Isn't painting fun? When you are done, you can come and help me paint the outside of my house.

Anonymous said...

Great job with the fundraising. I know how important the money you raise is to the organization. Well done.