Yo Bloggers!

Since I enjoy reading other people's blogs as much as I enjoy writing my own, I wanted to give a shout out to a few posts I've noticed over the past couple of days.

First off, congrats to Rob for finishing his first marathon this past weekend. I've really come to enjoy reading Rob's blog over the past several months as he has been on a weight-loss journey and a marathon journey.

Next I'd like to congratulate Joe at Learning to Run for staying focused on running while his wife gave birth. He's running on empty, but consistently, and he even ran to the bank the other day -- literally.

Then there's Jason, who has moved his blog to Recast in Iron. Jason and I haven't met yet, but we have done two of the same races in the past six months or so -- the Richmond Marathon and the Shamrock Half Marathon. His plans this year are for a triathlon and another marathon, and then an Ironman in 2009. I say go for it -- it's something I'll never do, but I'll support him 110 percent.

Lastly, I have to give a shout out to Jeff and his Running Diary. Jeff and I know each other via his wife, and I hope that I've given him some valuable running advice in the past few months. The main reason for my shout out, though, is because of his recent post and how he ran just fine without his iPod. I've tried to convince people that you don't "need" music to get through a run, especially in a race. Jeff proved it and I didn't even suggest that he try it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, thanks for the link brother. Your blog has been an encouragement to me throughout my first year of running.

Bren said...

Thanks for giving Jeff all the advice lately. Now all he has to do is give me a convincing argument to start running. Enjoy reading your thoughts.

Jeff said...

Thanks bro. All of the advice has helped greatly. I have picked up a lot from reading your blogs. See if you can give Brenda a good argument to start running mine don't seem to work.

Jason said...

Thanks for the shout out man. We'll see each other eventually :)