I'm no Michael Jordan or Larry Bird, but ...

For the first time in a few years, I shot basketball today. It was just for about a half an hour after getting a good 2-mile hike in with my dog. For those who know me, you know that I'm doing some major job hunting right now, so I thought some basketball would help pass the time a bit.

It did, and I can't believe how sore my arms are 6 hours later. Shooting basketball actually uses muscles? I would have never believed you 10 years ago. Anyway, I had a good time. I used to shoot ball by myself a ton when I was a teen, plus played rec league basketball from third grade through my senior year in a high school, so it's not new to me. All in all it was a good addition to my workout and I'll probably do more of it in the near future.

It was kind of nice to do something that didn't focus on total miles -- it was just a half hour of shooting and chasing down my missed shots. It's like having a workout without even thinking about it.

1 Comentário:

ShoreTurtle said...

Michael Jordan and Larry Bird? You're so old school. That's great. I should shoot hoops more too. It is fun.