It's time to move on

One of my goals in the road to recovery was hitting double digits for a week. I didn't really have a set week in mind -- I just knew it would be soon. After my run yesterday, I added up my miles for the week and realized I was only a half mile from hitting double digits this week.

So, even though I wasn't planning on running today, I went out this morning and ran a mile with my dog bringing my total this week to 10.5. I had planned to just do a half mile, but somewhere along the way I lost my wife in our small neighborhood, so Duke and I kept going a little longer.

Now that the double digits goal is crossed off my list, it's time to focus on some smaller goals to get me ready for half marathon training. Next week I hope to hit the teens and then steadily increase my miles week by week until I get to 20. Along the way I'll add speed work and refocus on long runs. If all goes as planned, I want to run in the James River Scramble again this year and improve on last year's time. Click here to read that race report. To this day I still call it the toughest thing I've ever done.

I'm so happy that things seem to be turning around for me now that the weather is so nice. The second half of March and all of April were just forgettable in terms of working out and 8-plus inches of rain. Now the time has come to stop talking about it and move on.

1 Comentário:

Jason said...

I'm glad to see things are looking up . Hang in there.