4.1 wonderful miles

A few months ago, when I was getting over my right foot bothering me, I sort of felt like I was forcing myself to run and get ready for the Shamrock Half Marathon. It was the middle of winter and I was lacking some motivation. Now that I'm getting over my other foot, though, my runs are feeling more worthwhile. Each run feels like it means something for a change. I don't know if it's because I need the time to sort of clear my mind or if it's the warm weather, but I'm feeling good right now when it comes to running.

Today was like a lot of other days in which I started with my dog and then didn't know if I'd feel like doing anything after our walk/jog. Well, I went out and did 4.1 miles total (1 with my dog) this morning, and feel so much better because of it. Passing my "long" distance from last week feels like a big accomplishment right now, especially since it's Wednesday. It'll take all these little steps to make this a successful summer.

1 Comentário:

Jason said...

Congrats!!!