Warm January weather, but no running

This record warmth is killing me. I'd love to be out there getting about 5 miles in, wearing shorts and short sleeves in early January. Instead, it's a mile walk with my dog and a little bit of jogging. The good news is today is the first day in a while that my foot didn't seem to bother me at all. I'll probably take another very easy day or two before I even attempt more than 2 miles. I ran a little more than a mile yesterday, but stopped at the first sign of pain.

I'm not really sure what's next except for waiting a few more days. It sucks, but I know it's the right thing to do. Getting ready for the half marathon is nowhere near like getting ready for a marathon, but I'm not going to do anything stupid either. I'm sure that it'll be nice and cold again when I resume my running.

0 comments: