Four fantastic miles

These past two weeks have been all about hitting small goals. First it was 2 miles non-stop, then 3. Today it was 4. Things are feeling great and I really don't have anymore pain in my heel. I usually don't pay too close attention to my pace during easy runs, but I kept track of my mile times today and was very happy with what I did. My mile times were 8:48, 9:06, 9:24 and 9:19. For those to be "easy" miles, and considering I haven't ran that long in about a month, I am very happy with where things stand right now.

I will continue setting small goals for myself through my half marathon and the spring. I have eight weeks to go until the Shamrock Half Marathon and I like where I'm at right now. If things go as planned, I should be hitting a peak the week of that race with my training. Tapering will likely be very short, with still getting a solid long run in the week before. Then I hope to set my sights on another big race later this year.

For the first time in a while, I have confidence when I run. I just hope the rest of my body is ready to step it up and join me for the ride.

0 comments: