Random thoughts

As I slowly get back into the swing of things, I can't help but feel like I've fallen behind. In two months, I'm supposed to be running a half marathon. I have this lofty goal of beating my time from last year. It can be done, but right now it's a goal that seems so far away in my mind. Just when I feel like I'm alone, I read other running blogs. It seems these days everyone has an injury or the lack of daylight hours mess things up. Some people are struggling with the issues of eating too much after the holidays and just not feeling right. It seems we're all in this great funk together. The question is, how do we break out of it?

Let's be glad we don't have a prison sentence to serve. Let's complain about how Oprah is going to interview my least favorite runner tomorrow. That's enough to piss me off to get out there running again. My respect for Oprah for running a marathon is now gone.

And here's a question runners might ask themselves over the next few weeks or later this year: If I don't know who to vote for because I'm politically neutral, should I vote for Mike Huckabee just because he's a runner?

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes you should :D

Topher said...

Huckabee's not the only runner running.

Here's Mitt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQDWPEgJZg

I agree, let's get out of this funk and get going.

Runtime said...

I am in such a funk that I am considering dropping my Spring marathon and focusing on shorter races. Maybe not even a half marathon... maybe 'the year of the 10k's!' =) It is very tough to maintain focus sometimes... and to find the right balance between running and the rest of life's responsibilities.