Excitement over 3 miles

In the past month, I haven't had much to be happy about with my running. In the past two weeks, it's been about getting my mileage up on my "long" run to 2 miles, then 3, then 4. My mid-week runs have been pretty sorry, with my longest being almost 3 miles last week. Well, this morning I finally hit 3 for a mid-week run and everything just felt "normal." While I'd like to be in the 4-5 mile range for a Wednesday run, I'll take 3 considering what I've done lately. This week is shaping up to be some somewhat normal in the mid-teens for mileage. If all goes well, I'd like to hit 20 by the end of next week and then gradually build up to close to 30 for my half-marathon training. I'm getting eager to set some goals for the rest of the year.

For now, I'm happy that I can run 3 miles and not have pain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am still having trouble walking down the hall and not having heel pain.
Mom

Nancy said...

We'll take progress!! YEAH for you!