The next step?

Today I got in 3.1 miles. So that's two 3-mile runs two days in a row. I'm pretty close to saying that all is well with my heel ... now it's just a matter of rebuilding my endurance. It'll happen ... slowly.

I also held my plank to a minute today. Now comes a challenge of seeing my max of doing it on the sides, and just seeing those max numbers get higher and higher. Eventually I'll be content with some sort of resemblance of decent abs. I just have to take it one minute at a time. I'm definitely feeling it this week with resuming an ab workout. A strong core will only make me a better runner ... now I just have to follow through with it.

So now for the next 50 days I'll be saying what's the next step or what will I do following March's half marathon. I did it last year privately and I'll be doing it again this year, only I have a way to discuss it publicly. As you know I'm planning to do the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k in April, and I'm looking forward to running with 30,000 people. I'm running that for many reasons ... setting a PR or worrying about time really isn't one of them. But after that? I'm looking at that marathon calendar just pondering if what it's what I want to do again ...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Good job on the AB work. PLANK ON!!

Jason said...

Hey man....I just got in my first run in over 4 weeks. I put in 2 miles today. I think I'm back on the mend.

Emily said...

Hey,
Have been MIA for a while, but I read that the Monument 10K will be the men's national championship and thought of you. Not that you need another reason to get psyched for that race, but that's pretty cool. Also, I like what y'all are doing with the R-blog. I'd like our site to do something similar for the Marine Corps Half we have up here in May (my next goal), and will probably use yours as an example. Hope y'all are well.
Emily