New shoes for a nearly new year

I was all prepared last night to buy another pair of Asics 2120 shoes when to my surprise saw that the Asics 2130 were available. I had been misled by the Asics Web site earlier in the day that said the shoe wouldn't be out until January.

It wasn't that my old shoes were completely done, but it just seemed like they weren't supporting my feet as much. Following the marathon, I wore them more as everyday shoes and not solely running shoes, so that probably factored into it a bit. Plus they were becoming the smelliest shoes I had ever owned and washing them didn't help too much. And besides, who would resist the next version of their favorite shoes? It reminds me of my video game-playing days when the newest version of Madden would come out -- nothing was really that different about it, but damn, you have to have it!

So now that I have the 2130 pair, those will be used for running and running only until they wear out. My marathon shoes will probably get another wash and be for everyday use. Then my even older pair of 2120 shoes will be retired for yard work.

1 Comentário:

Darrell said...

Hey David, I can't recall how I got here in the first place but I've been reading for a little while.

Congrats on the new shoes. That's always a good way to start off the new year.