Grrr!

My new shoes felt great today. My right heel, however, didn't want me to go more than 2 miles. It's frustrating that I took my body where it had never been before with the marathon and now I'm having this issue. It's not as bad as last week and it hasn't bothered me during the day too much, so I know things are slowly getting better ... I just have to be patient. With a half marathon less than 80 days away, it's tough to do. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm starting off 2008 in better shape than I did 2007 ... but that'll go away quickly if I can't get back in a regular routine soon.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Give it some time. You have plenty of time to train for that HM.

Anonymous said...

I didn't run a step for two months after my 2006 marathon, then came back and ran my best-ever 10k in March. You've built a base that will stay with you, even if you take time to recover now. If you keep running on an injured heel, you may be worse off than if you take time now to recuperate. You're right - patience is key.

Jason said...

Hey man. I now have major left heel pain. I've been out of commission for the last few days and probably won't run this coming week either. How frustrating!!!!