Not the way I wanted to hit 0 miles

So, what I thought would be one day off from worked turned into two and now on Wednesday afternoon I've nearly lost my voice, but actually feel much better. Better now than a few weeks ago, right? All plans of running the 5k on Saturday have been put on hold unless I somehow get rid of this chest congestion by then. I'm not giving up hope, yet, but I'm not going to worry about it either. If it happens that's great, if it doesn't, then oh well. My No. 1 running goal this year has been met.

This sickness has brought an unexpected running void into my life this week, but I certainly realize that my overall health is much more important than any other goals I have at this time. While 1,000 miles is certainly in reach, having a successful half marathon in March is more important than running myself into a hospital.

2 comments:

liz said...

I hope you feel better soon!

I'll be at the Christmas Classic this weekend -- I actually googled the name and that's how I found your blog. :)

You can always run in the Jingle Bell 5k in Roanoke on the 8th. ;)

Nancy said...

Feel better!

I hate the damn sickness. I had it too. Take care and you have the right idea, take it a little easy.