1.1 of 925.4

Since it was raining this morning, I promised by best running buddy, Duke, that I'd take him on a walk when I got home from work, and maybe a short run if the rain had let up.

Well, it's about 20 degrees colder this evening than it was earlier today, but the rain had cleared up. We headed out for the walk and quickly we were jogging. It wasn't much, but I had my first post-marathon run today of 1.1 miles. It probably came a day or two earlier than I expected, but it felt great. Aside from still being winded, my legs, my knees, my ankles and my arms all felt great. Apparently, it just takes my lungs a while to feel good again -- I was like this back in March after the Shamrock Half. I was doing some group track runs on Saturdays, and a week later when I tried to run hard I had to take it easy about half way through the workout. I rarely read about this problem, but I know I'm not alone in this feeling.

So that run puts me at 925.4 miles for the year with 46 days to go this year. That's an average of just over 1.6 miles a day to hit quadruple digits -- sounds easy, right?

4 comments:

Jason said...

Good to hear you're running already. I think I'm going to wait til Saturday before I give it a go. My legs feel pretty good so I may try 3 then. We'll see.

Unknown said...

Great blog, David. I had my first post-marathon run today as well.

And thanks for your comment on my blog! Im also "What's Nexting?" myself like crazy. I need to post an entry this week with all of my thoughts.

You have an excellent goal - keep on truckin'. - Katherine (kferranti.wordpress.com)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are on your way. Keep on running!
Mom

Nancy said...

You can do it. You HAVE to do it. Think of the bragging rites.