The B52's? WTF?

I want to throw up. This year's headliner for the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Virginia Beach is The B52's. Really? Is that how bad things have gotten in America? After running my tail off for 13.1 miles, my reward will be hearing The B52's that night? Please forgive me if "Love Shack" is one of your favorite songs of all time. In hindsight 20 years later, is it really that good of a song?

This is a sentence of the RnR Web site: "Past performers include the Goo Goo Dolls, Counting Crows, LIVE, Sugar Ray, Collective Soul, The Commodores, Hootie & The Blowfish, Journey, 3 Doors Down, INXS and many more!" Please note that this race starts with the word "Rock" ... not "Crap," but that's what I have this year. I really want my $25 back that I paid to get my wife into the post-race festivities. Can you tell that I'm a little bitter? At least there will be beer to drink.


Workout since last post
June 25: Walk - 0.4; Run - 4.1 (15:57 two-mile tempo; 0.25 - 1:47)

7 comments:

Ed H. said...

I'd be pleased as punch to see the B52s, but as my wife tells me, I have horrible taste in music. Like most music snobs say about mainstream bands, I prefer their older stuff... before they sold out. :D But I do agree that "Love Shack" was played out 15 years ago. Have a beer for me!

Nancy said...

Just the mention of Love Shack and I can't get it out of my head. Thanks.

Um, the line-up you gave sounded awesome, I tend to agree with you. Was everyone else busy or what?

Jeff said...

Sorry, I could not help myself. Sorry dude! Just drink a lot and it won't be so bad.

The Love Shack is a little old place
where we can get together
Love Shack baby! Love Shack bay-bee!
(Love Shack...Love Shack...)
Love Shack, that's where it's at!

Jason said...

Dude, I feel your pain...

Anonymous said...

At least YOU get to drink! :)

~C

Anonymous said...

B-52's brings you back to high school! Dont' worry if you don't like "Love Shack" there is always "Roam."

Now, I will have these two songs stuck in my head all day. I think they could have found a better band. But, who knows maybe it won't be so bad.

Anonymous said...

d10 has just answered my query -- did the B52s have any other hits other than "Love Shack" .... how can they headline with just one song for 20 mins "Love Shack" on a loop? ;-)