Breaking out of this cycle

Marathon. Sick. Right heel injury. Half-marathon. Left foot injury. 10k. Sick.

This has been the cycle of the past six months and it's time to stop. It seems by gearing up for the marathon last year, but body just went right along with it and never caved in to any illnesses or any major injuries. I think since November, though, I've probably pushed things along too much, and now my head is just clogged full of snot telling me to stop. Sure, I rested, but was it enough? At some point this winter, I think I got tired of running, but just kept going because it's what I've done for five years.

Now that it seems I'm back to square one again, it's time to really take a look at what's going. Simply put, I need a break from running and thinking about PRs and races. Fortunately, time is on my side since the next big race isn't until the last day of August. Once I get over this horrible cold or whatever it is, I'd like to focus on getting in good walks and jogs with my wife and dog and log some good miles on my bike at least for the next month. I want and need to lift weights a couple of times a week. I want to lose 10 pounds and keep it off. If I don't write it down, it doesn't happen, so here's to this blog holding me accountable...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of us have the blahs right now. We just need to see some sun! And not just for an hour a day.
Mom

Jason said...

Hang in there man. It'll get better.