Boston

I've been reading a lot today about Boston and the marathon. I've only been to Boston once in my life. It was two falls ago -- a gorgeious time to be there. My wife and I did one of the hop-on hop-off trolley tours -- a great way to see that city. I've also been a longtime Boston Celtics fan. My mom can back me up on that one. I'm not on any kind of bandwagon just because of this year's NBA season. I grew up a big Larry Bird fan. From Celtics hats to a Bird poster to a Bird comic book, I loved the Cs, and always liked hearing about Boston. (I've never been a Patriots fan, though...)

As far as ever running the Boston Marathon, that's a dream that'll likely just stay a dream. For those who are working on that goal right now for Boston '09, I wish you the best in your running goals this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A longtime BC fan. Hope this will be their year.
Mom

Robert Barker said...

Growing up outside Boston, in Southern New Hampshire, I will say that most people were not really Patriots fans until 2000. It is the Red Sox that matter in Boston. But it is good to know that you will be rooting for the C's during the playoffs.

AndyTheRunner said...

Looks like our running is staying about the same, one thing after another. I thought I would keep track this year and see if I made 1000 miles over the course of the year. If things don't improve that is going to be an impossible obstacle. At least thinking about running problems can keep your mind off of work for a while. Keep having fun with it.
--Andy