A gift for my feet

After my post below, I went out shoe shopping and left the store with Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8. I got the black ones since that was all the store had, but I used to have this obsession with black shoes when I was a teen, so it's sort of a retro thing for me. This is my second pair of Brooks - I got the GTS 7 last summer. They lasted 250 miles, which is good for me, and I really had no complaints about them. The Asics 2130s I have now just don't seem to be working like I want. The insides are coming apart and they're pretty close to 200 miles. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I can easily wear out some shoes. They still have some life in them, but not for running.

The Brooks today just felt right, so I'm looking forward to something new. Plus the sales people at the store were very helpful with explaining the shoe and gave some insight to why my mechanics likely lead to my shoes wearing out so quickly. So if you're ever in Richmond, I highly recommend stopping by the Roadrunner Running Store on Cary Street.

3 comments:

Ed H. said...

Small universe. I just bought the same model shoes, but I got a different color. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hope they help with the heel problem.
Mom

Nancy said...

That's my shoe and nothing else will do. I hope they are just the ticket.