4.5 miles on two wheels

So I finally bought a decent bike and got in 4.5 miles this morning. Not much, but it was the first time in at least five years that I've gone more than a few miles on a bike. Boy do I have a lot to relearn. Of course I didn't forget how to ride -- who does once you learn -- but the whole shifting gears thing and getting my butt used to the bumps will take some adjusting. Either way, I'm happy to get an aerobic workout in. My foot is still bothering me slightly, so I haven't done any running since the race.

Anyway, I'll have more details soon about my bike and the experiences I'll get on it this week ...

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Replace the nut buster seat if you got one. I replaced my seat and riding is much more enjoyable.

Nancy said...

Your butt will get used to it. No comment on the nut buster seat. Not my area of expertise :D

Be smart and be careful out there!

AndyTheRunner said...

Cycling can be very enjoyable and very miserable. Making sure the seat height and setback have everything to do with that. Take a few google minutes to read a guide on setting up the seat position and you will have a much better experience.

Have fun
Andy