C-c-c-c-c-cold

Was that really me this morning putting on pants to run in and busting out the early season gloves? Yup. Sure was. Was that me questioning why I would train in the winter again for a race in March? Yup. Was that me forgetting what cold felt like?

All of a sudden, Mother Nature decided to skip a month and bust out the 30s for overnight lows. I'm not complaining -- this is much, much better than 80s in October. It's just a shock to my system. There was very little transition from 50s to having frost on my windshield. It doesn't look like it'll last long, which I think is a good thing. I don't want my body getting used to this and then turn around and have something warm happen on race day. If it's this cold on race day, then that's fine. It would be warmer than the day I ran the Shamrock Half Marathon back in March.

Speaking of race day, it's now very fun to say that the Richmond Marathon is NEXT WEEK. While Nov. 10 seems like a while away, it really is next week. I'm first looking forward to having a day off work on the 9th and getting much more sleep in the next 10 days ... but it's next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is cold and certainly Sherry & I picked up our step Mon. morning. We both had gloves,but could have used earmuffs.
It is hard to believe that Nov 10th is around the corner. Keep up the good work.
Mom

Emily said...

Good luck on the 10th! (and yes, it was freezing at the Shamrock...I shivered so much I spilled half my beer)