18

Long runs leave me speechless and what usually comes out of my mind through the keyboard on the days I do long runs is a bunch of gibberish that somehow makes sense. Anyway, my 18 miles this morning went very well. I'd have to say this is the best I have felt on my long runs so far. I basically paid no attention to my time because I didn't want to run fast today. It's as simple as that. I couldn't sleep this morning, so I got up and was out the door while the stars were still out. It was cool to see the moon setting and the sun rising around the same time, and it was totally awesome that is was 50 degrees when my run started. Now I feel like I actually have time to do other stuff this afternoon.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Cool...glad you had a good run. This cooler weather seems to make the run so much better.....although, my nose runs more too :)

BTW, I'm doing 18, 18, and then 20 before I start the taper....how far are you going for your longest run before the mary?

David H. said...

I'm looking at doing 20, 14, 20, 14, 8, then the marathon.