16

My 16 miles went well today, except for the weather. I didn't get up as early as I wanted to, so I didn't beat the heat. And to think, I was praising the new cooler temperatures just the other day. But summer is definitely in control this first day of fall. I'm still not where I want to be with speed, but I really feel that 10 degrees would make a world of difference. The comfort level I had all week vs. today was amazingly different.

Overall, this week was pretty good. I'm still a few miles off what I had planned way back in June, but I did hit the most miles ever in a week this week with 33.2. Now that I'm settled, I should be close to or above 40 miles these next few weeks.

On a side note, I did sign up for the Scholarship 30K, the race I mentioned the other day. I really think this race will give me a good taste of the marathon from a racing standpoint. I won't run it as hard as I possibly can, but I know running with others will lead me to picking up the pace a bit. And with a proper warmup/cool down, I'll have 20 or more miles that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

47 days will make a big difference in temps and in your fitness. We are hitting 86 here today - what in the world???

Jason said...

Congrats on the 16!!!!