What's this stuff falling from the sky?

When race weeks get here, it seems I always run out of things to say. Really all I am thinking about is the race and not doing anything stupid in the days leading up to it. This week is different with starting a new job and having child birth classes to go to on Monday and Tuesday nights, but it's not making me forget about my end goal on Sunday. But the depths of posts feel kind of blah.

Today after work it was pouring down rain, but I was planning to run no matter what. By the time I got home and ready to run, it had slowed to a trickle. While running, there were parts of me wishing it would just pour down and there were parts of me that hated it. With the forecast on Sunday having a chance of rain, it was a must to run to remember what rain felt like. It's been so dry lately that there have been no chances to run in the rain. (Until today, Richmond's airport had only one-tenth of an inch of rain this month.)

I ended up having a great-feeling run. My legs are feeling good and rested and I just feel ready to get out there and push it for 13.1 miles. Enough said for today ...


Workouts since last post
Aug. 26: Walk - 0.6; Run - 1.2
Aug. 27: Walk - 0.6; Run - 4.1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Enjoy the race!