Getting started

Greetings all. I want to first discuss what this blog will be about. In November, I will run my first marathon - the Richmond Marathon. In the past three-plus years, I have gone from running to lose weight to running my first race to training for the Virginia Ten Miler to running two half marathons to this. My first marathon. My point of blogging is to take you along my personal journey of training to run 26.2 miles, as well as giving running advice and receiving running advice. I do not consider myself a pro, but I now feel pretty experienced having run numerous 5Ks. I have been involved with two different training groups - one for the 10 miler and another for speed/endurance. And I'm planning more this summer. As always, please consult your doctor before starting any exercise program.

So if you have any questions about running in general, please ask. Over these next six-plus months I hope to discuss getting ready for your first ever race, what I did to lose weight, how I've been able to shave about a minute per mile off my various distances, give advice, tell race tales, etc., etc. Thanks for reading, and please respond away.

1 Comentário:

Anonymous said...

If your left foot gets tired use the right one.