A letter to Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,
Please make up your mind. Earlier this week, temperatures were nice in the mid-60s with no humidity. But just a week before, it was already 75 degrees at 7 a.m. with very high humidity. Walking outside was like taking a shower. This week you had a dry heat, which was a nice change. Then you through us runners a curve ball at the end of the week with it being very hot and humid. Then yesterday was perfect; today, not so much.

I know that fall will be here in about a month, and cooler temperatures will arrive and stay here. But please, don't throw us an 80-degree day on Nov. 10. Last year you were cruel to the Richmond Marathoners. This year, I beg you, be nice. Be cloudy with temperatures in the 60s. And for the rest of this summer, just be consistent. That's all I ask.

Sincerely,
A crazy runner

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi ! I found you through Runner's World. I loved your last few posts. I am inspired by your times and your miles and yet you are still doing a good job with the eating. I need to learn this one. I am just ramping up the miles and learning more lessons every day about what to do, what not to do. Sounds like you have learned many of them and the running has "stuck". I will definitely be back for inspiration!! :)

Good luck with your move. Sounds very exciting.

Anonymous said...

Well it is Tues.& so far Mother Nature is not cooperating. It has been tough walking also.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Amen brother! I am praying with you. Today it hit 95 degrees here - what in the world! I guess it is timely with the kids going back to school.